St. Francis Xavier Cathedral Children Choir
The Children's Choir was started because of the need to develop the children of our Church in positive ways, to make a contribution to our society and because of the need to provide opportunities for them to grow and develop their talents.
Our goal is to provide a group music experience which will teach the children the importance of music as a ministry in the Church. It is designed to help the children to develop musical skills and appreciation and to develop the discipline necessary to conduct themselves in a manner that is exemplary. It also seeks to mold them into productive members of the Catholic community and to the society as a whole.
Ages and Skills Level
- The age guideline for participation is approximately six (6) years or as soon as the child is able to read and to sit through a Mass without interruptions.
- There is no age limit.
- The choir welcomes all unchanged voices from six.
- No prior choir experience is necessary.
- No auditions are held.
- All are encouraged to attend.
- The only requirement is that each child must be a member of the C.C.D. Programme.
A willingness to make a joyful noise is expected.
Rehearsals take place one per week. The allotted time for the rehearsal is on Friday from 6 to 7:30 pm. This time may change periodically. Whenever this happens, parents will be notified of the change. Regular participation at ,asses is expected.